Tuesday, June 9, 2009

These Days

Here is the thing to keep in mind with any new internship: you have to go into it thinking that the best case scenario is that it's a resume boost and anything else is just an added surprise perk. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time here, but if I had gone into this expecting to do real work I would have been sorely disappointed. Instead, it's exactly as I've expected. I answer phones, do small tasks, I have one summer long task to work on updating online reels for the company's database, and I mainly spend my day cruising the internet. People are nice and relatively chill, I got a free Sprinkles cupcake today (Schwing!), and I've been told that later in the summer I'll get to be on set once I've "gotten my feet wet" in the office. It's not like I currently have nothing to do in the office because people are being snobby, or untrusting, or mean, there just straight up isn't anything going on for me to do right now. But the company is cool, the work they put out is awesome, and people have been friendly so I can't really complain.

The settling-in portion of the summer has pretty much ended, we no longer feel the need to try to go out and be exciting every spare moment of our days and are spending less money in the process. We've mellowed out to meals at home, nights watching Mad Men, walks to/on the beach, and visits with the rest of the LA BFA Intern crew. 

I've been spending a lot of time brainstorming my project for this upcoming fall. I think I'm scrapping the story I had originally gone with for something that keeps the same visuals and themes but has a story that feels more like the work I want to make and is much less depressing. I have NO desire to be the film student with the over-emotional melodrama piece of crap in her portfolio. Nope nope nope. 

Bye kids,
Sarah

Listening to: The sound of typing and paper shuffling.

No comments:

Post a Comment