Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I need money for beer, drugs and hookers (at least I'm not bullshitting you)

Okay kids, I'll make this short(er) and sweet. Yes? Here we go!

Work: We get another intern tomorrow, Yvette. I'll be training her. I've started to take advantage of this internship opportunity. Rather than just type, I've been actually paying attention to the information in the interview footage. I'm pretty well versed in New Orleans, political corruption and race relations now... good thing too because I've got some more inspiration for my senior film (more to come on that later). Also, I've been talking with the guys I work with about sound and am hoping to get a chance to play with their camera's. I just got to work up the nerve to ask.

Senior film: I'm combining both idea's I had at the beginning of this summer and have topped the whole thing off with a bunch of experiences, media influences and people that I have experienced this summer. The innovated story focuses around the question, how can one person change the world? Is it through art, or is it through action? I make the concept tangible by applying it to a failing relationship. The female gets caught up in a sort of vigilante revolution while the male tries to inspire through his art. The piece takes place in the near future and includes fireflies, guns, ribbons, art, children, hipsters, news and booze. I like it.

In the past: I've been spending a lot of time at Central Park, walking, reading and writing. I've picked up another book, as per so many of you kids - "Franny and Zooey" by J.D. Salinger. Yesterday, I went to see "The Hurt Locker" - it was pretty good and the theater was hilarious. I was six stories up.

Today: I saw Elmo, a homeless man with an epic sign, a large group of Asian tourists with "I Love Jesus" shirts, Obama condoms and a field full of beautiful shirtless gay couples.

Up and coming: Tomorrow is the US Premiere of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince." I'm going to go watch all the celebrities and crew walk in. I'll try to eye-fuck as many of them as possible... more on that tomorrow. This weekend, I'm going to hit up as many museums as possible and I'm spending part of Saturday and all of Sunday in Connecticut with my brother's kids. On Monday, I'm going to an advanced screening of "(500) Days of Summer" followed by a Q&A with the director, Marc Webb and Zooey Deschanel (who happens to be named after the male character, Zooey from "Franny and Zooey." Ironic.). I'm pretty psyched about that.

So that's the plan, Stan. I'll be back tomorrow with (what I hope will be) an epic tale involving me and Rupert Grint macking in the Ziegfeld bathroom.

Less-Than-Three You, Monique
Listening to: Paula on the phone

No comments:

Post a Comment